|Unit type||Limited Production Commander Use Eighth Generation Knightmare Frame|
|Manufacturer||Chawla Design Bureau|
|Operator||Order of the Black Knights|
|Dimensions||Overall Height: 4.68 meters|
|Weight||Combat Weight: 8.09 metric tons|
|Powerplant||Yggdrasil Drive (Mark IV)|
|Equipment and Design Features|
The Type-05J Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo (Japanese for "Dawn - Immediate Vassals Specification") is a knightmare frame utilized by the Order of the Black Knights in Code Geass Megiddo as a commander and ace exclusive unit.
Pretty much the original design, except it lacks the radiant wave shield system and is now painted in jet black colors akin to the Zangetsu. C.C.'s is, naturally, painted in her original pink.
As it was meant to be higher end than the standard Akatsuki, the Jikisanshiyo boasts superior performance and capabilities, though at the cost of being harder to control than most other knightmares. Besides this, the Jikisanshiyo also features superior communication and sensor systems, so that unit commanders may be able to read the battlefield more effectively as well as coordinate with subordinates with greater efficiency. Alongside, unlike the standard design, the Jikisanshiyo can be fitted with radiant wave rockets; projectiles based on the Guren's surger which, upon impact, inject radiation directly into the target. As per standard protocol, the Jikisanshiyo can carry three of these at a time.
- Type 41 "Hien Souga" Slash Harken
- The Slash Harken is the signature weapon of the Knightmare Frame, and is used by almost all KMF models. Slash Harkens are wire-guided projectiles with some form of anchor-like blunt object at its tip. They can be used in multiple ways varying from offensive to defensive, or as a means of transportation via anchoring them in an object, and retracting the cable. The "Hien Souga"-type Slash Harken, the standard type of most Black Knight units, is stored in a red-painted compartment on the left side of the Akatsuki's chest, and has a two-pronged claw at its tip.
- Type 305 60mm Radiant Wave Rocket
- The Jikisanshiyo's unique weapon. Essentially a more compact and longer ranged version of the Guren's original radiant wave surger, the rockets function on the same principle: rather than detonate themselves upon impact, they instead inject radiation into their targets, causing their outer chassis to superheat and their inner circuitry and power systems to detonate. The tradeoff, however, is that the specialized radiant wave warheads would scramble any electronic sensors placed over them; as such, the rockets are entirely unguided, and need to be aimed with precision before launching. The Jikisanshiyo carries three of them as standard, though they would have to be removed in order to mount a handgun or bazooka (depending on which arm they're mounted).
- Type 89 "Katen Yaibatou" Chain Sword
- The Katen Yaibatou (Revolving Blade Sword) is the standard melee weapon of the Black Knights. The sword is constructed similarly to a chainsaw, wherein small blades (also known as teeth) circulate around the length of the blade; the main difference is that heat is used to further the effectiveness of the sword, making it even sharper. The Katen Yaibatou has a cutting power on par to that of a Britannian MVS, but is ineffective against more heavily armored units.
- Type 65 23mm Double-Barreled Hand Gun
- The Akatsuki's usual armament. Based on the design of the Gekka's hand gun, this model has a faster firing rate and greater range, while the addition of a second barrel gives it a larger area of fire. Compared to Britannian machine guns and assault rifles, the hand gun is somewhat less powerful, but otherwise superior in most other areas. Usually mounted on the left arm.
- Type 77 100mm Bazooka
- A heavy assault weapon. Designed to be used against more heavily armored targets, the bazooka fires high-explosive rockets over long-range. Its destructive power is enough that it can break most forms of shielding as well as pierce ship and fortress level defenses. Its only major weaknesses are its slower rate of fire and its reduced ammo load. Usually mounted on the right arm.
- Type E2F Mono-Eye Sensor Camera
- Following along with its Gekka predecessors, the Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo was equipped with a fixed orange tinted mono-eye sensor camera system in the center of its head. Though lacking the panoramic scope of the dual-eye cameras used on the Guren and the IFX-V3D1 Gawain, the mono-eye featured superior focusing power, and was easier to implement. Naturally, this is the standard camera system of the Black Knights.
- Type S2F Multispectral Sensor System
- The Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo carries a standard sensor package, which provides pilots a detailed readout on their surroundings, theoretically enough for them to survive the battlefield. The Akatsuki's system doesn't hold in a special features, instead being designed for functionality above all else.
- Type K2F Landspinner Propulsion System
- The Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo carries landspinners as with most knightmares. As the Jikisanshiyo was meant for commanders and ace pilots, its landspinners were naturally reinforced for greater revolution; as such, the Jikisanshiyo is between standard Akatsuki and custom units such as the Guren and Zangetsu in mobility. The knightmare's streamlined design only compliments its landspinners and air glide system.
Not long after the development of the Type-05A Akatsuki, Black Knights engineer Rakshata Chawla once more went back to the drawing board to develop several variations of the machine. As the original Akatsuki design was meant to be compatible for average skilled pilots, it was only logical that Rakshata also develop a more high powered model for above average skilled pilots, i.e. aces and unit commanders. Thus came the Type-05J Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo, a high end knightmare frame meant entirely for exceptional pilots to use.
In Japanese tradition, the "Jikisanshiyo" are the direct subordinates of the Shogun; such was the position this Akatsuki variant had among the Black Knights' hierarchy, as its pilots were considered above standard devicers, but directly below the skill levels of notorious aces such as Major Kallen Kouzuki and General Kyoshiro Tohdoh. As such, Jikisanshiyo pilots enjoy a fair amount of clout among the Black Knights, as more often than not the men and women that man these machines are veterans and survivors of the Black Rebellion and beyond.
Because of the high end features of the Jikisanshiyo, as well as higher cost per unit, it is produced in lesser quantities than the standard Akatsuki, with an average of one in a line of twelve. As well, due to a good number of Jikisanshiyo being aces, several units have been painted in custom colors outside the standard black. Amongst the latter is the unit belonging to Zero's right hand woman C.C., which is painted in a curious shade of pink. Though many have theorized the reason behind this, the most common explanation is that C.C., being renowned for her dry, mocking wit, painted her knightmare that color as a way of humiliating her opponents.