|Unit type||Limited Production High Mobility Eighth Generation Knightmare Frame|
|Manufacturer||Chawla Design Bureau|
|Operator||Order of the Black Knights|
|Dimensions||Overall Height: 4.75 meters|
|Weight||Combat Weight: 8.14 metric tons|
|Powerplant||Yggdrasil Drive (Mark IV)|
|Equipment and Design Features|
The Type-05S Akatsuki Seisoukenshiki (Japanese for "Dawn Stratospheric Type") is a knightmare frame utilized by the Order of the Black Knights in Code Geass Megiddo as a special high altitude unit. It was created by Anubis Zero.
Generally looks like a combination of a Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo and an Advanced GN-X (Mobile Suit Gundam 00V), complete with a "horn" antannae mounted atop its head. Like the GN-X, it is equipped with four thruster veins on its torso and hips that serve as its main propulsion, the Air Glide Binder System. As well, its main weapon, the "Daikyu" linear rifle, looks like E.S. Asher's gun (Xenosaga II) and is handheld in standard sniper form, while its arm modules are akin to the Wing Gundam Zero Custom's (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz). Other than that, it's pretty much a run of the mill Akatsuki in appearence. Standard units are painted in jet black like the rest of the Black Knights' knightmares.
For its intended purpose, the Seisoukenshiki does away with the standard Air Glide Wing System of the regular unit and is instead equipped with the revolutionary Air Glide Binder System, which gives it much greater mobility and its capability to function in the upper portions of the Earth's atmosphere, but in turn draws much more power than standard flight systems. As well, the Seisoukenshiki also features a more aerodynamic design that allows it to maneuver through the air with ease and stability, and as a bonus makes the unit harder to detect with radar. For armaments, the unit's main weapon is the "Daikyu" linear rifle, which is hand-carried unlike most Akatsuki based gunnery weapons. While not as powerful as ship mounted hyper-velocity cannons, the "Daikyu" has enough range and power that it can strike against ground and lower altitude based targets even from the stratosphere, thus making the Seisoukenshiki perfect for sniper or long-range fire support roles. Other armaments include the standard chest mounted slash harken and a pair of "Kiba Kodachi" (Japanese for "Fanged Short Sword") short chain swords, which are stored in slots in the hip binders; however, because very few knightmares are capable of even reaching the Seisoukenshiki at higher altitudes, these are rarely used.
- Type 92 "Kiba Kodachi" Chain Sword
- A shortened version of the standard Katen Yaibatou, the Kiba Kodachi (Fanged Short Sword) is meant to provide the Seisoukenshiki some level of melee power. Based upon the kodachi, a short sword with a blade length between a katana and a tanto, the Kiba Kodachi is more compact, thereby allowing one to be stored in special compartment in the Seisoukenshiki's hip binders. Beyond that, they function in the same way, and with the same effectiveness, as their larger brethren.
- Type 41 "Hien Souga" Slash Harken
- The Slash Harken is the signature weapon of the Knightmare Frame, and is used by almost all KMF models. Slash Harkens are wire-guided projectiles with some form of anchor-like blunt object at its tip. They can be used in multiple ways varying from offensive to defensive, or as a means of transportation via anchoring them in an object, and retracting the cable. The "Hien Souga"-type Slash Harken, the standard type of most Black Knight units, is stored in a red-painted compartment on the left side of the Akatsuki's chest, and has a two-pronged claw at its tip.
- Type 102 "Daikyu" 75mm Linear Rifle
- The Seisoukenshiki's primary weapon. Essentially an expansion of the Britannian VARIS rifle, the Daikyu (Great Bow) is capable of firing specialized rounds from the upper stratosphere (as its name suggests) at a speed and velocity on par to ship mounted Hyper-Velocity Cannons. Supplemented by the Seisoukenshiki's specialized sensor system (namely its arm mounted modules), the Daikyu also holds pinpoint accuracy, allowing it to strike targets with extreme precision; this was displayed when the units of Hannya Squadron sniped a Caerleon-class air destroyer in such a way that it ended up falling upon a Britannian airbase and wiping out the entire installation upon impact. The tradeoff, however, is that the Seisoukenshiki's ammunition is limited (being a projectile weapon); as such, Seisoukenshiki pilots must take carry additional ammo clips in a special compartment underneath the Akatsuki's cockpit pod.
- Type E2S Mono-Eye Sensor Camera
- Following along with its Gekka predecessors, the Akatsuki Jikisanshiyo was equipped with a fixed orange tinted mono-eye sensor camera system in the center of its head. Though lacking the panoramic scope of the dual-eye cameras used on the Guren and the IFX-V3D1 Gawain, the mono-eye featured superior focusing power, and was easier to implement. Due to its mission profile, the Seisoukenshiki's mono-eye is especially enhanced, so that it may focus visually on targets from the upper stratosphere.
- Type S2S Multispectral Sensor System
- Because of its mission profile, the Seisoukenshiki features one of the most advanced sensor systems in the world. Though it functions in standard manner, the sensors provide the Seisoukenshiki with real time information, even when in the stratosphere.
- Type A2S Long-Range Sensor Modules
- The Seisoukenshiki is equipped with enlarged sensor modules on each of its arms. Whereas its standard sensors are meant to provide detection in the immediate area, the arm modules are meant to provide a direct line of detection, usually from the stratosphere to ground level. So powerful and precise are these modules that the Seisoukenshiki can home in on a single human being from its highest operational altitude; this alone makes the Seisoukenshiki invaluable as a reconnaissance unit. As well, the modules are directly linked to the Seisoukenshiki's targeting system, enabling the "Daikyu" to be fired with great precision. The tradeoff, however, is that the sensor modules take up the areas where the Akatsuki's hand armaments would usually be mounted; as such, the Seisoukenshiki is incapable of being equipped with any armaments beyond its linear rifle, slash harken and chainswords.
- Type K2S Landspinner Propulsion System
- The Akatsuki Seisoukenshiki carries landspinners as with most knightmares. Though it rarely operates at ground level, the Seisoukenshiki's landspinners are powerful enough to provide it sufficient land mobility, though nowhere near the amount its air glide binder system provides in the air.
- Type B2S Air Glide Binder System
- The Akatsuki Seisoukenshiki's main facet. Aesthetically similar to original Air Glide Wing System, the Air Glide Binder System's performance truly sets it apart; not only does it offer superior mobility to those of the standard Air Glide Wings, but it also allows the Seisoukenshiki to function in the upper portions of the Earth's atmosphere, thereby giving the Black Knights aerial superiority over Britannian contemporaries. This technology would remain unmatched until Britannia's Camelot division developed an even more advanced system: the "Aile Luminous" MSV Particle Wing System (otherwise known as the Energy Wing System).
- Type G2S Gefjun Disturber
- The trademark invention of Rakshata Chawla, the Gefjun Disturber is a device that, as its name suggests, disturbs the chemical and mechanical processes of any system caught in its wake, being particularly effective against sakuradite based mechanics. It is also capable of blocking the motion of hadrons, radio waves, and microwaves within its field. While the Seisoukenshiki usually operates beyond conventional sensor ranges, it is equipped with a Gefjun Disturber to provide it stealth when operating at lower altitudes.
Following the reformation of the Black Knights after the Devastation of Japan, Black Knights engineer Rakshata Chawla and her design team create a new type of knightmare frame to serve as the organization's mainline unit, the Type-05A Akatsuki. After the basic template is made and produced in sufficient quantity, Rakshata goes a step further and develops several design variations to serve in specialist mission roles. One such variation is the Type-05S Akatsuki Seisoukenshiki, which as its name would suggest (Japanese for "Stratosphere Type") is meant for high altitude combat and support.
Because of its unique role and technology, as well as overall cost per unit, the Black Knights only put the Seisoukenshiki through limited production and distributing them to aerial combat specialist groups. One such unit is the 13th Knightmare Squadron "Hannya", the only Black Knights unit to be made entirely up of female pilots, which is commanded by Zero's mysterious right hand woman C.C.