|Unit type||Prototype High Mobility Seventh Generation Knightmare Frame|
|Manufacturer||Britannic Defense Systems plc|
|Dimensions||Overall Height: 5.10 meters|
|Weight||Combat Weight: 4.28 metric tons|
|Powerplant||Yggdrasil Drive (Mark V)|
|Equipment and Design Features|
The RZX-3C9 Tristan is the chosen knightmare frame of Gino Weinburg, the Britannian Empire's Knight of Three in Code Geass Megiddo.
Essentially a non-transforming version of the canon Tristan, mixed with elements from the Lancelot and the Grimgerde from Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. Specifically, it has its original head (only with shortened blue tinted horns), arms and legs (minus the jet intakes on the latter) placed upon a Grimgerde based torso, with the poleaxes now being mounted on either side of the cockpit pod in true MVS style. Colors are blue and white with gold highlights.
As a knightmare frame, the Tristan is a high-mobility model, specializing in hit-and-run tactics in which it would move toward a destination, engage one or more targets at once, then move away before the enemy can mount a proper counterattack. For this purpose, Tristan was designed to be easy to use, lightweight (only weighing just over four metric tons) and compared to the other knightmare frames of its generation, simple with minimal energy loss. As such, the Tristan is lighter compared to other knightmare frames of its time, the result being higher mobility and nimbleness. That being said, its main disadvantage is that when the Tristan is in close combat, control of its center of gravity is important, and any piloting mistakes can lead to attacks with little power that will just bounce off the enemy's armor. For offensive power its main armaments are a pair enlarged arm mounted slash harkens, which have enough power behind them to strike through even heavy armor and cause considerable damage, two pairs of machine cannons in the shoulders and torso, and a pair of maser vibration poleaxes that can be combined on the ends to cut through enemies quickly and cleanly.
- MS270 Maser Vibration Poleaxe
- The Tristan's primary weapon. Two long-handled weapons with flat and wide blades, the poleaxes' design is meant for hit-and-run attacks, in which the Tristan charges into the center of an enemy formation, cut apart all enemy units in reach, and then move away. At the same time however, they're quite effective in traditional duels or prolonged melees, in which their reach (especially when combined at the ends) gives the Tristan a decisive advantage, as well as a means for Gino to put on spectacular displays. Other than that, they're not much different from standard maser vibration weapons.
- EME436 "Javelin" Slash Harken
- The Slash Harken is the signature weapon of the Knightmare Frame, and is used by almost all KMF models. Slash Harkens are wire-guided projectiles with some form of anchor-like blunt object at its tip. They can be used in multiple ways varying from offensive to defensive, or as a means of transportation via anchoring them in an object, and retracting the cable. That being said, the Tristan's slash harkens are notably large and more powerful than standard types, such that they can pierce through a whole line of knightmares in one pass.
- M930 30mm Machine Cannon
- Secondary gunnery weapons. Mounted within the Tristan's shoulders and torso, the machine cannons grant the Tristan some measure of firepower, holding roughly the same amount of power and firing rate to a knightmare grade assault rifle. Gino prefers to use them to put the enemy on the defensive while he closes in and attacks with his poleaxes.
- FSC3X Dual Factsphere Open Sensor Camera
- As with most Britannian knightmares, the Tristan has a pair of factsphere sensor cameras mounted within its shoulders. The factsphere is essentially an advanced camera that relays live thermographic images and data to the pilot. Due to its sensitivity, both due to its intended purpose and to physical damage, the factsphere is usually kept behind a set of armored plates and only deployed for in-depth scans of a targeted item or area. As the Tristan carries two units, it can literally scan at double the depth and range of a standard factsphere.
- EDC3X Dual-Eye Sensor Camera
- As traditional with most later generation knightmares, the Tristan is equipped with a dual-eye sensor camera system, taking the form of a pair of human-like ruby colored "eyes" within its head. These cameras are decidedly more advanced than quad cameras equipped on preceding fourth and fifth generation knightmares, and were capable of visualizing the Tristan's surrounding to the best amount of detail and focus.
- ECR3X Multispectral Sensor System
- The Tristan carries a standard sensor package, not unlike those of most knightmares. That being said, they are decidedly more advanced than standard types.
- LSP3X Landspinner Propulsion System
- Designed from the beginning for high mobility, the Tristan is equipped with higher grade landspinners, which are designed to produce much greater revolutions than standard units as well as holding reinforced tires for increased durability, especially against rougher terrain.
Created for the usage of Gino Weinburg, Knight of Three and "Eagle of Britannia", the RZX-3C9 Tristan is marked as the first light knightmare frame to come to existence. So far, no other nation or military, not even the Order of the Black Knights, has experimented with the concept, leaving the Tristan in a class of its own.
Since its creation, Gino would make good use of his Tristan. When the Great World War emerges, the Knight of Three would be deployed to North Africa under the command of Eleventh Prince Lelouch vi Britannia, fighting alongside fellow Knights of the Round Anya Alstreim and Suzaku Kururugi in the process. Besides the many battles he would fight in Africa, Gino would also engage in battle in Pendragon, where the newly reemerged Order of the Black Knights would stage a raid to liberate their leader. Although the latter battle would leave Gino greatly traumatized over his personal conflicts and loyalties, the Knight of Three would remain faithful to Britannia and fight the Black Knights for his own convictions.